Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A day in the life of a toddler

Emily is an opinionated child, I am sure you can all attest to that! For those of you that don't know, it rained cats and dogs here yesterday (Monday) which just happens to be our grocery shopping day. So, we donned raincoats and headed out. Emily didn't do too bad, we got our shopping done and headed home. By the time we got home, it was lunch time, my feet were soaked and I had tons of groceries to put away. I kicked off my shoes and started making Emily lunch while simultaneously putting away groceries. Now, some of you are aware of Emily's shoe obsession, for those of you that aren't- Emily is obsessed with shoes. From the minute she gets up, she wants shoes on, and if you aren't wearing shoes, she will bring you some and harass you until you put them on. So, Emily and I are both wet, crabby, and hungry at this point- and then she brings me my shoes. My extremely wet, dirty shoes, and demands I put them on. I politely tell her no and to go put them away. BIGGEST MELT DOWN EVER. Crying, screaming, foot stomping, you name it! She continues to follow me around the kitchen screaming "Shoes on!!!" After about 5 minutes of this, she finally takes my shoes back to my room and returns with a pair of flip flops. Lip quivering, she holds them out and asks, "Shoes?" What is a mom to do? At least they weren't wet. So I ate my lunch wearing brown flip flops with my black outfit.

1 comment:

  1. That is too funny. She is the first kid I've ever met with that shoe obsession, but it's cute. At least she eventually negotiated! :)

    ReplyDelete