Thursday, May 26, 2011

Outta the mouth of babes

Or toddlers. Emily had her last day of school Tuesday and I thought it would be a neat idea for her to dictate a thank you card for each of her teachers. Alright, so I stole the idea from Jim when they did my mother's day card, but it's still a cute idea!

Annnnyyway, we got the first card done and were working on the second card. Emily was getting bored- which is understandable, I mean she had to come up with three things she wanted to thank her teachers for. So she whips out, "Thank you for everything."
Me: "Uh, how about you try again"
Em: "Thank you for nothing."
Me: "Actually, that's sort of rude. What else ya got?"
Em: "uhhh...... Thank you for nothing."
Me: "Yeah, still not gonna write that...What about thank you for circle time?"
Em: "Yes, thank you for circle time! Mommy, what's rude?"
Me: "Ask Daddy when he gets home."

And yes, if I can't figure out how to answer a question that Emily has, I tell her to ask her dad. That, my friends, is Sane Mothering 101.

No comments:

Post a Comment